Split Support Centre

Business Partners

Got a question? Well you’ve come to the right place.

When do my services go live?

For Water and TV licence, these will be activated from your requested start date. For Gas and Electric, this can take up to 3 to 6 weeks to transfer over to our suppliers, Spark Energy. For Broadband, the wait time for installs can be up to 3 weeks after the account start date at peak times.

Who do I contact for broadband support?

If your broadband is supplied by Virgin Media, pop an email to business@splitthebills.co.uk or chat to us live and we'll arrange for one of the technicians at Virgin Media to call you within the next 72 hours.

If Plusnet supply your broadband, call Plusnet directly. You’ll need your Plusnet account details to hand. If you're having trouble finding these, just pop an email to business@splitthebills.co.uk or chat to us live

If Origin Broadband is your supplier, you can contact them directly on 01302 235060 (select option 1, followed by option 1). You’ll need your Origin account reference number to hand. Pop an email to business@splitthebills.co.uk or chat to us live if you need this.

What broadband speeds are available?

Whether your tenants like to pootle around or zip about online, choose from Virgin Media's 100Mbps, 200Mbps, and even 300Mbps VIVID next generation optical fibre broadband. Whatever speed tickles your fancy, download limits are always unlimited.

If you're not in a Virgin Media area, Plusnet will supply the broadband and you'll receive speeds of up to 20Mbps, with unlimited downloads. We also offer Plusnet Fibre broadband with speeds of up to 80Mbps.

Do I need a phone line?

If you're in a Virgin Media Fibre area, you don't need a phone line. If you're not in a Virgin Media Fibre area, you'll need a phone line. Although this won't cost you anything extra.

Do I need to pay for a phone line to be installed?

Nope, in 99% of the UK, you can have your phone line installed for free.

How do I get a copy of a TV Licence?

Simply get in touch to request one and we’ll email a copy to you.

What do I do if there’s a prepayment meter in my property?

If any of your properties are fitted with a prepayment Gas and/or Electric meter, you can get this changed to a standard meter with your current supplier. Once you’ve had this changed over, we can apply to transfer the supply over to our provider, Spark Energy.

Who supplies the energy for Split The Bills?

Spark Energy is our energy supplier.

How do I submit meter readings?

If you’ve got more than 5 properties with us, we’ll send an excel template for you to complete and email back to us.

If you’ve got 5 or less properties with us, simply email your meter readings to business@splitthebills.co.uk.

When do I submit meter readings?

Ideally, every 3 to 4 months. It’s crucial to send some over as soon as your energy goes live with our supplier (we’ll email you when this happens) and when new tenancies start/end.

How do I pay?

You have two options: by direct debit or via BACS payment.

When do I pay?

If you pay by direct debit, you can choose from two payment dates: on or soon after the 1st or 15th of each month. If you choose to pay via BACS payment, we’ll issue your invoice on or around the 15th of each month and your payment will be due within the following 14 days.

Still A Little Stuck?

Chat to us live below or pop an email to business@splitthebills.co.uk. We’re around from 9am to 5pm, every weekday.